Thursday, September 10, 2009

Climate proof your skin

I love fall, bittersweet, pumpkins, changing trees, acorns falling, the cool, crisp air, it's my favorite time of year. It's also the most challenging time of year for my skin because I have genetically dry skin. Dry, crisp air means I have to try harder to lubricate my skin from the inside out, and so should you.

In this part of the world most people have combination skin or dry skin. However many people mistakenly believe their skin is oily. To that end, they do everything they can to dry up the imaginary, excess oil. This is totally wrong. Moisture is the best way to combat fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps create a healthy epidermis which protects our skin from disease and the elements.

Here are my tips for lubricating, aka moisturizing, your skin without creating breakout.
Most of them you've heard before. If you've heard it before think about it...it must work!
1. Drink plenty of clean, filtered water. 2. Get your essential fatty acids. 3. Avoid washing your face with soap and water. Use a lotion cleanser. 4. Apply a light hydrating lotion after cleansing. A few I like are Kinerase - Hydraboost, Kate Sommerville - Quench, Complex 15, an oil free lotion.

Your skin will thank you for it.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP