Tuesday, April 17, 2012

This and That

Since my last post, things have continued to move full speed ahead. I find that the type of work I do seems to go in cycles. Sometimes I work on commercials and sometimes it's more television news and satellite broadcasts. Recently, I've worked on shows for the Food Channel, HGTV and the Speed Channel.

Working outside in Texas is challenging, especially in the spring and summer. Either it's too hot, too humid or too windy. The past couple of shows, I worked with female hosts, and we were constantly battling the heat, humidity and winds gusting up to 40 miles per hour. Keeping the hair from blowing is simply impossible. I've posted a couple of photos from these shoots, taken in a more controlled environment.

The key to long wearing makeup even in the Texas elements, apply it properly in the beginning! Prep the skin with sunscreen and moisturizer if needed. Apply a silicon based primer to help the makeup go on more smoothly and give it staying power. I also use a liquid or gel eyeliner because it's more water proof than pencil and doesn't smear. Finish with powder. As the day goes by,  I usually only have to touch up under the eyes and the lips.

I also had the opportunity to teach for Last Looks Makeup Academy.  I taught three classes: bridal makeup, eye makeup only, and airbrush makeup. The classes were small, so the students got lots of one-on-one attention and extra tips and tricks I use on set.  Everyone had a great time and learned a lot. If you are interested in classes in Dallas, let me know or contact Heather at Last Looks Academy in Los Angeles. If there's enough demand she'll bring the school to Dallas.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP