Friday, May 21, 2010

Makeup Lesson On Location


While having an aperitivo at Café Farnese in Rome last night, enjoying the street musicians and the perfect weather, I started a conversation with three Italian women sitting at the table next to me. One of them asked what I was doing in Rome, was I on vacanza or working? I replied, “Both,” having been hired on to work a destination wedding. Of course one thing led to another and they asked what type of work I do. When they discovered that I am a professional makeup artist, the woman in the photo immediately began to ask questions and quickly took out her personal makeup kit and showed me everything she had. Lucky that I’d drunk most of my spritz before she sat down, I spontaneously gave her a mini lesson right then and there. The number one tip was how to cover the dark circles under the eyes, followed by how to properly apply mascara to create fuller, thicker lashes.

What you the reader can take from this . . . when in Rome always have your makeup bag with you. You’re likely to find me about 6:00PM sitting in some charming piazza absorbing the atmosphere and enjoying la dolce vita.
Back in Dallas you can call or email me for your private lesson on location.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP